Subtext

A blog about the things I forget to tell you

5.21.2011

A Moral of Note

I had my first scare the other week while playing pop-a-shot at the arcade with Tammy. First off, it's important to note that this was a Sonic the Hedgehog pop-a-shot. Why that's important to note I don't know, but it is. This was all at a decent sized arcade attached to a bowling alley called Big Al's. I guess these side notes are to show how incredibly classy it would sound when I had to tell this tale. I suppose as well, these asides are simply to expand and enhance what is, in all honestly, a momentously foolish and ridiculously brief story. Without further hedging here is the actual story:

I threw my wedding ring while playing pop-a-shot.

See how easily I could have laid it out there. But that seems to be the way I tell stories. I start with roundabout lead ins that delay the story as long as possible. Anyway, my shot missed a bit to the right, but the ring went right through the hoop. Most fortuitously, my ring bounced back to me in much the same manner as the mini basketballs. So naturally I almost put it up for another shot. Ok maybe not, but still. Nearly lost it down the sides of the machine. That Sonic is a greedy one, always trying to collect those rings. What a jerk!

See, it all comes back around. Those asides end up as haphazard references to games from 15 years ago. Look Mom, I'm a writer!

I should probably start planning these posts out in advance.

The moral of the story is thus: The greedy who want more lose all...wait no..um..unless the seed of evil is destroyed it will grow up to destroy us. No that's not it either. Fine, we'll have to use one of my own morals if none of Aesop's will fit.

Don't trust hedgehogs, they're after your valuables. Plus they didn't even count the basket.

2 comments:

  1. I think hedge hogs are jealous that everybody likes otters better. I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hedgehog LOLs at you
    http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kyq2yz5HNM1qb5udjo1_400.jpg

    ReplyDelete