Subtext

A blog about the things I forget to tell you

4.10.2011

Life is Bananas

  1. I have a job
  2. I have my own company?
  3. We quite nearly have a car
  4. The Bulls are great, or should I say Los Bulls
  5. We tried to buy some plants for the apartment and the lady at the garden store said no
Clearly, there are many bananas. I think all of these will be covered in more detail at a later date, but here we go.

1. Melody has set me up with some work with RDC3 doing some work with Razor's edge for OES and maybe Marylhurst. At the very least, it looks like I'll have work for the next 3 months. Wooo!

2. For tax purposes and some other reasons, I am setting myself up as an independent contractor for this. I think this means I own my own business. I'm not sure yet. This should start to solidify in the next week, and maybe start work this month.

3. We have put a deposit down and they have pulled the car off the sales floor. Either Monday or Tuesday we will be heading over to sign the final papers for a 2000 Honda CR-V. I had planned out a series of posts detailing the car process from the point of view of a first-timer. I may still write out a wrap-up post to go with some pictures, but no series on the lengthy process as this all took about 3 days.

4. The Bulls clinched the first seed in the east, are well ahead of the Lakers in the West, and might still catch the Spurs for best record in the league. I am endlessly jealous of Mom, Dad, Nate, and Dana for having a set of tickets for each series including the finals if they make it. So jealous.

5. We need plants for our apartment. We face north and north only. We were denied plants. Even though there are many low light and indoor plants a person may have, and we saw at least a couple at this store, we were denied plants. No plants for us. The end.

Pictures of the car up this week, clarification on job status soon, and there are some pictures I still need to get of Tammy's camera for a post. One of these photos is of the tremendously large crab that ravaged downtown Portland.

2 comments:

  1. Seinfeld fans will be glad to know there is a Plant Nazi out there.

    And in your honor, we're all going to yell "Come On!" when Cuppy Coffee fails to win despite a huge lead in the last lap.

    ReplyDelete