Subtext

A blog about the things I forget to tell you

4.19.2011

Welcome to the show Pokey

We are finally in business! In honor of the Gumby cartoon that was playing throughout the whole buying process, we have decided to name it Pokey after one of the greatest ponies of all time. This little dude is AWD (ready for Mount Hood and snowboard trips next winter), with a bike rack, and cd player. Yes, this means I am back in the business of mix cds.

The buying process wasn't too bad actually. A couple weeks of research and then three days of actual shopping around. The amount of information available online lets you get superprepared before going in, so we were feeling comfortable enough to buy early on. First day of shopping around I went out with Sam and Sean to a few dealerships: Subaru, Toyota, and Honda. There were several options available at Toyota and Honda. We were hoping for a small suv, but were pretty doubtful that something like that would be in our price range. But hooray hooray, not only did our top choice (crv) drop into our price range, but it had decent mileage and a 6 month power train warranty, which was an absolute rarity. So we ended up in the upper levels of our price range, but got the car we wanted in our price range and even managed to bargain down about $1200.

Things have been going well so far with more and more trips across the river, getting out to soccer games without having a 35 minute bike ride, and Tammy getting over to work everyday. Pokey is holding up. I'll have more pictures soon, and I'm sure Pokey will start making it into some vacation pictures as well. Seattle for the second weekend in May and Montana sometime this summer. Road trips are now on the table. That is glorious news.

Anyway, things are looking up. It looks like sun all week, I am up off my butt and running in the mornings, I'll start work sometime this month, and I found a bike/workshop volunteer dealie that will start in May. I am now a person that does things.

5 comments:

  1. Don't forget about the texts you got from the car salesman... talk about building a relationship with your customer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sharp looking car - well done! Glad to see it's not a minivan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Texts from the car salesman???!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh yeah. The day we were picking up the car we got some texts from the salesman we had been working with. The first one made sense, saying he would be running a little late. The next several were clearly intended for his girlfriend, and he did not catch on quickly that he was sending them to the wrong place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Basically, we got this series of texts from the salesman:

    "I'm going to be a few minutes late."
    "I'm on my way now."
    "See you soon baby."
    "Love you beautiful woman."
    "Sorry Mike, those last few were meant for my girlfriend."

    So, an increasingly confusing set of messages. Pretty ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete