Subtext

A blog about the things I forget to tell you

2.20.2011

Hurry, we are running out of time!



I miss this game. A completely unique game in my childhood. The countdown, taunting, and possibility of all players losing made this seem a mad rush to save something. Like a space station I think. As a little kid this was both nerve-wracking games (by the way, I had to look up wracking or racking, apparently they both work and I'll pick the one worth more in Scrabble) and exhilarating. You really felt like you saved the day AND you got to stick it to a smug little computer virus.

I always wondered if my parents hated some of these games. I mean, it was no Snail's Pace Race, which in retrospect is somehow less exciting than it sounds, but still as a little kid you can hear that computer voice yelling its catchphrases all day. So speak up out there, fond memories or horrible nightmares?

No comments:

Post a Comment